Office 365 help series – Password expiration policy
Office 365 Security
This guidance applies to Office 365 Enterprise, Office 365 Business Essentials or Office 365 Business Premium.
User passwords expire on a regular basis in Office 365. This setting is a default established by Microsoft when tenancies are established. If you are a Global Admins you can change the number of days before users are notified of password expiration. Password expiration policies can also be set so that passwords never expire.
- Sign in to Office 365 with your account
- Go to the Office 365 admin center
- Go to <Support > PSecurity & Privacy>
- Find Password policy section and click <Edit>
- If you want user passwords to expire, type the number of days before the password should expire. Choose a number of days from 14 to 730.
- Type the number of days before users are notified that their password will expire, and then click <Save>. Choose a number of days from 1 to 30.
See Microsoft Office 365 Support page